- DC Advisory and Daiwa Securities acted as joint M&A advisor to JX Nippon Mining & Metals Corporation (“JXNMM” or “JX Metals”) on the acquisition of H.C. Starck Tantalum and Niobium GmbH (“HCS TaNb” or “the Company”) from HCS TaNb’s shareholder H.C. Starck GmbH (“HCS” or “the Parent”)
- HCS TaNb is active in the development, production, and distribution of Tantalum and Niobium products (i.e. high-purity metal powders) used in a wide range of market segments and applications in the growing electronics, industrial, automotive, and several other industries. The Company operates production sites in Germany, Japan and Thailand. HCS is part of the portfolio of the private equity investors Advent International and The Carlyle Group
- JX Nippon Mining & Metals Corporation is a leading supplier of non-ferrous metal products and a core company of the Tokyo stock exchange listed JXTG Group. Through the acquisition, JX Metals aims to strengthen and expand its electronic materials business to cater to the increasing global demand of electronic components and devices driven by e.g. the Internet of Things
- This transaction is a milestone deal for German Japanese transactions and further underlines DC Advisory’s and Daiwa’s proven cross-border track record of successfully supporting in Asian / European M&A situations
- The closing of the transaction is expected during 2018 and is subject to the approval of relevant authorities
DC Advisory advised JX Nippon Mining & Metals on the acquisition of H.C. Stark Tantalum and Niobium
For important information regarding testimonials, please see our disclaimer.