The French M&A market enjoyed a flurry of announced transactions just before the Christmas break. Whereas Q3 2019 was lower year-on-year, Q4 delivered a very substantial level of deal activity.
However, while the mid-market is very active and buoyed by private equity funds, there is a perceived shortage in large French corporate transactions. Overall, France remains highly sought after by investors in the context of Brexit and geopolitical tensions between the US and China.
Consumer, Leisure & Retail:
- Alpha Private Equity has agreed to acquire the Vervent Audio Group, a France-based manufacturer and distributor of high-end and luxury audio equipment, from Aquasourca, Garibaldi Participations and Naxicap for an undisclosed consideration. Alpha Private Equity was advised by DC Advisory, learn more about this deal >
- Mubadala Capital has agreed to acquire Looping Group, the France-based operator of regional amusement parks, from Ergon Capital and BPI France for an undisclosed consideration. Ergon Capital was advised by DC Advisory, discover more >
- Platinum Equity has agreed to acquire Biscuit International, the France-based private label sweet biscuits manufacturer, from Qualium Investissement and CM-CIC Investissement for an undisclosed consideration
- M80 Partners has agreed to acquire Strapharm, a France-based developer and manufacturer of dry food supplements, from the Wirth family, for an undisclosed consideration
Industrial Products & Services:
- Ardian has agreed to acquire a minority stake in Nutripack Ecocup, a France-based packaging manufacturer for the food industry, from Credit Mutuel Equity, for an undisclosed consideration
- Andera Partners has agreed to acquire Groupe Sypla, a France-based provider of engineering, installation, and electric maintenance services, from Apax Partners for an undisclosed consideration
- Andera Partners has agreed to acquire Auxiga, the France-based inventory pledge service provider, from IK Investment Partners, for an undisclosed consideration
- Andera Partners has agreed to acquire Groupe Volta, a France-based provider of repair and maintenance of electrical installations in social housing, for an undisclosed consideration
- Keensight Capital has agreed to acquire Sogelink, a France-based cloud and mobile-based software provider for construction and infrastructure players, from Naxicap Partners, for a consideration of €330m
- Blackstone has acquired Sipartech, a France-based provider of telecom infrastructure services, from Summit Partners, for an undisclosed consideration
France deals by sector