- Headquartered in Frankfurt, Germany, Breitbandversorgung Deutschland GmbH (BBV), is a regional fibre network operator focusing on deploying fibre to the home / building networks in underserved or rural areas
- BBV has built a network covering more than 30,000 premises across Thuringia and Baden-Wuerttemberg which serves as an excellent position for further network expansion.
- Infracapital is the infrastructure equity investment arm of M&G with a focus on long-term investments in essential infrastructure to meet the changing needs of society, and support long-term economic growth across Europe
- DC Advisory (DC), was engaged by Infracapital as exclusive financial advisor on this acquisition
- In addition to financial modelling, due diligence coordination and process management, DC provided strategic advice throughout the entire process until signing
- DC ensured all work streams were successfully completed within a demanding time frame, amidst the peak of the Covid-19 pandemic
- Infracapital will support BBV as it builds on its existing platform and expands into new areas, often in cooperation with municipalities, with the continued engagement of the existing management team
- This transaction once more demonstrates DC’s strong infrastructure expertise both in Germany and across Europe, as well as its excellent reputation and close ties to key European Infrastructure investors and proven deal execution capabilities
- Financial terms were not disclosed
"We’re delighted to announce this acquisition and see a great opportunity to work alongside BBV’s excellent management team to further expand the business. We would like to thank DC Advisory for their strong commitment throughout this transaction"
"We are grateful for the opportunity to have successfully advised Infracapital on a transaction which offers a unique chance to continue the growth and regional expansion of its existing local presence"