- Founded in 2003 in Valencia (Spain) as a spin-off of CSIC (Spanish National Research Council) with Talde, CAPSA (Corporación Alimentaria Peñasanta) and Naturex as strategic shareholders, Biopolis is a leading integrated specialist in microbial biotechnology
- The Company offers tailor-made biotechnology solutions with full coverage within the microbial spectre: R&D services, production of probiotics and high-value molecules, and proprietary IP licensing
- Biopolis has a solid customer base of global brands in the food, chemical and pharmaceutical sectors, and a prolific capacity to generate proprietary IP in such sectors
- The Company counts with a multidisciplinary team of highly specialized scientists, with proven experience in the fields of biochemistry, molecular biology, fermentation process scaling, genetics, chemical engineering, microbiology, nutrition and technology food
- DC Advisory was mandated as exclusive strategic and financial advisor to the shareholders of Biopolis to explore several transaction alternatives and a number of international strategics were invited in the process.
- The North American multinational group ADM (Archer Daniels Midland) took control of the Company with a 90% interest, with CSIC maintaining its minority stake.
- ADM is one of the world's largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with c. 32,000 employees serving customers in more than 160 countries
What to read next