• c-LEcta is a leading biotechnology innovation company based in Germany, specialising in precision fermentation, optimised bio-processing, and bio-transformation for the creation of high-value targeted enzymes and ingredients
  • c-LEcta has established itself as a leading innovator in disruptive new sciences for the pharmaceutical market, with a strong pipeline of functional bioactives across food, beverage, and other consumer markets


  • DC Advisory (DC) was engaged by the shareholders of c-LEcta to provide M&A advice due to DC's extensive experience in the biotechnology sector
  • The DC deal team was led by Dr. Wolfgang Kazmierowski


  • In March 2022, Kerry Group plc (Kerry), a leading global taste and nutrition company, announced it had acquired 92% of the issued share capital of c-LEcta for EUR 137M, with management retaining the remaining 8%
  • This strategically compelling combination will accelerate Kerry's innovation capabilities in enzyme engineering, fermentation, and bioprocess development
  • Kerry's broad market reach across food and pharma markets, combined with its deep enzyme applications expertise and integrated ingredient technology design, will enable and accelerate the growth potential of c-LEcta's strong portfolio and technology capabilities
  • This acquisition will further support Kerry's commitment to invest in the development of innovative sustainable technologies, which will be at the heart of future sustainable food and health systems