- Founded in 1972 in Barcelona (Spain) by the Pursals family, EDV Packaging (EDV) has become one of the leading manufacturers of high barrier rigid plastic packaging for the food industry worldwide
- EDV manufactures rigid packaging solutions for applications that require increased protection against oxygen migration, such as coffee capsules (made from polypropylene, as well as advanced bio compostable materials), ready-meals and fruit bowls
- EDV has sales of c.€40M, with 75% generated from international markets
- Headquartered in Germany, with 3,500 employees, 19 facilities in 19 countries and sales of c.€600M, Paccor is the leading manufacturer of sustainable and innovative plastic packaging solutions. Paccor was acquired by US private equity firm, Lindsay Goldberg, in 2018
- DC Advisory (DC), led by César García, was engaged as exclusive financial advisor to EDV Packaging’s shareholders to manage its sale process
- DC worked very closely with the shareholders and management team to prepare a full auction process addressing both trade and financial investors
- DC generated a highly competitive process, engaging with the main players in the packaging industry worldwide
- Paccor acquired a majority stake in EDV, while Koke Pursals and Jose Maria Pursals, current CEO and Commercial Director respectively, maintain a minority stake
- The transaction allows both parties to lead EDV to become the global leader for rigid barrier applications as it adapts to the industry-wide move to sustainable packaging
- The transaction was signed and completed in July 2019
What to read next
The team at DC Advisory led a thorough and exceptionally well-managed, competitive process. With their continuous and close guidance, we have generated a great outcome for our shareholders both in terms of value and the new owner to support accelerating growth.
We are happy to have completed another successful cross-border transaction, leveraging our two key strengths: deep sector knowledge and differential international reach.