- Founded in 2000, Efficio is the leading global procurement expert with an unmatched track record of delivering real value to blue-chip clients and operating through a highly scalable, tech-enabled and differentiated platform
- Efficio’s services permanently reduce clients’ cost base, on average by c.15% p.a., generating a sustainable, material uplift in EBITDA and three to four times return on investment
- Efficio currently has c.350 employees based in offices in Europe, North America and the Middle East as well as its London headquarters. To date it has undertaken projects across six continents in more than 50 different countries and has enjoyed double-digit growth year-on-year since its inception
- Efficio has evolved significantly over the last three years to offer a much broader spectrum of services than traditional procurement consulting – a long-term managed services business, which now accounts for a third of revenues and eFlow, a suite of best-in-class procurement technologies that help clients to manage and sustain benefits over the long-term
- DC Advisory (DC) advised Efficio on its sale of a minority stake to Livingbridge in 2016
- DC was engaged by Efficio and Livingbridge to provide M&A and soft staple financing advice for the sale of a minority stake in Efficio
- DC ran a tailored process, leveraging its sector expertise and relationships including running detailed technology demonstrations of eFlow with potential investor
- Following a highly competitive auction, ICG, a leading global private equity firm, acquired a minority stake in Efficio in
- The investment will help the business to:
- Fast-track client wins and retain clients for longer through embedded services
- Continue pursuing strategy of recruitment and retention of qualified consultants
- Accelerate growth in its global footprint
- Expand the cutting edge procurement technology platform
- Efficio’s management team, led by Jens Pedersen, will continue to lead the business through its next stage of growth
It has been a real pleasure to work with DC. We have worked with a great team that delivered excellent work and guided us through a comprehensive process to find a great equity partner. We are very pleased with both the outcome and DC’s work. The team worked tirelessly on our behalf and executed an excellent process on time and on target. We found all our DC team members to be very strong, bringing the right mix of financial / deal structuring skill, project management, deep insight into our business and the ability to manage relationships while getting to a winning deal. We have been extremely impressed with DC, and would recommend them without hesitation.
Efficio’s management team have built an excellent business, offering a highly complementary product suite of procurement services and an innovative proprietary technology platform. This transaction is an outstanding result for the shareholders and we are delighted to have helped them find an excellent partner in Livingbridge, who are well-placed to assist them in executing the next phase of growth.