- Founded in 1998 and headquartered in Badajoz (Spain), Grupo Preving is the leading independent operator in the labour risk prevention sector in Spain
- Grupo Preving offers a full range of health, safety & prevention (HS&P) services to large companies, SMEs and self-employed workers in Spain
- In 2015, Corpfin Capital acquired a majority stake of Grupo Preving. At the same time, Grupo Preving acquired the prevention units from two mutual insurers: Catalonia-based Egarsat Prevención and Prevenna
- Since the Corpfin Capital investment, Grupo Preving has acquired 12 businesses, leading the consolidation in the industry
- Grupo Preving has sales of c.€66m
- Artá Capital is a Spanish mid-market private equity firm sponsored by the financial and investment group Grupo March
- DC Advisory (DC), led by Joaquín Gonzalo, was engaged as financial advisor to Grupo Preving’s shareholders to manage its sale process
- DC worked very closely with the shareholders and management team to prepare a focused auction process addressing a limited number of selected financial investors
- Artá Capital acquired a majority stake in Grupo Preving, while Corpfin Capital and the management team maintain a minority stake
- The transaction was signed in July and completed in October 2019
DC Advisory’s knowledge and execution capabilities allowed us to select a short list of interested investors, and run a swift and efficient process with minimum management disruption.
This transaction demonstrates DC Advisory’s capabilities in assisting private equity firms in managing transactions and DCs knowledge of Spanish financial investors.