- Founded in 2018 and headquartered in Frankfurt, HELROM GmbH (HELROM) is a licensed railroad operator
- HELROM owns a patented proprietary wagon technology that allows the efficient loading of semi-trailers onto a rail wagon, without requiring a crane or extensive terminal infrastructure
- HELROM has demonstrated proof-of-concept by operating a railroad corridor between Vienna and Düsseldorf since January 2021, by incorporating a simple operating schedule that, unlike conventional rail freight, does not involve complex train rotations
- The company is looking to scale its business on different routes across Europe, targeting significant unmet demand for the rail transportation of semi-trailers in Europe
- DC Advisory (DC) was engaged by the founders and shareholders of HELROM to provide sell-side M&A advice and specifically design and coordinate an equity raise process
- DC leveraged its extensive experience in the transportation space to identify suitable investors with expertise in the space, and structure a competitive capital raise process – supporting HELROM’s management team throughout
- Swiss Life Asset Management AG announced its equity capital investment, to become an ‘anchor investor’ and support HELROM's growth ambitions
- This transaction adds to DC’s expansive credentials in the pan-European infrastructure space and specifically the German intermodal transport sector
The investment from Swiss Life Asset Management signalizes a milestone for HELROM and confirms strong potential for further expansion of our wagon fleet and route network. I would like to thank DC Advisory for their strong commitment and support throughout our successful equity raise.
We are delighted to have advised the shareholders of HELROM in finding the right partner to support with the funding for the future growth of the company. HELROM is the prime candidate to enable the modal shift for semi-trailers from road to rail, and unlock sustainable and economical long-distance freight transport.