Headquartered in Sweden and listed on the NASDAQ OMX Stockholm exchange with a market capitalisation of c.€4bn, NIBE Industrier AB (NIBE or the Company) is one of the world’s leading manufacturers in sustainable energy solutions supplying products for heating, ventilation, cooling and heat recovery, operating under the Climate Solutions, Element and Stoves business areas.

Following a series of successful HVACR transactions in Italy, DC Advisory (DC) introduced Rhoss to NIBE in January 2017.

DC was subsequently appointed to provide strategic insights and advise on the acquisition.

With the assistance of DC and through numerous interactions between principals, it was quickly established that Rhoss represented a key pillar to NIBE Climate Solutions’ strategy of continued development of the heat pump product segment with respect to technology, performance, quality and design.

On 23 November 2017, NIBE entered into a definitive agreement to acquire a 45% stake in Rhoss, with an option to acquire the remaining 55%.

The acquisition of Rhoss represents NIBE’s eleventh since the beginning of 2016, demonstrating the Company’s commitment to continued consolidation of its position in Europe and North America through inorganic growth, the establishment of subsidiaries and leveraging other well-established sales channels.

DC Advisory has a proven track record of success in the HVACR space, particularly in Italy. Their insights were invaluable over the course of this transaction and we are looking forward to working with Rhoss’ management team to explore opportunities to further expand our range of climate control products for the commercial segment.

Gerteric Lindquist
CEO and Managing Director at NIBE

NIBE’s acquisition of Rhoss represents DC’s fourth Italian HVACR transaction within the last 18 months. Convergence continues to drive consolidation in the space and demonstrates the need for innovative technologies to meet increasingly stringent environmental regulations. We are very pleased to have assisted NIBE with this highly.

Michael Mariaz
Managing Director at DC Advisory